The National Security Institute (NSI) seeks a Digital Services Intern for summer 2020 with the potential to extend through the fall.
The National Security Institute (NSI) at George Mason University’s Antonin Scalia Law School is dedicated to finding real-world answers to national security law and policy questions. We strive to provide balance to the public discourse on the most difficult national security challenges facing the United States and its allies.
NSI also serves as a platform for research, teaching, scholarship, and policy development that incorporates a realistic assessment of the threats facing the United States and its allies as well as an appreciation of the legal and practical challenges facing our intelligence, law enforcement, border security, and cybersecurity communities.
As a Digital Services intern, you will work closely with the NSI staff to
- Widen digital reach of NSI events and programs;
- Promote the work of NSI’s group of experts, including its Fellows, Advisory Board, and faculty; and
- Develop new media products, such as promotional and/or educational videos.
- Creating social media content for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
- Researching technology trends to better understand digital topics and staying up to speed on the latest industry terminology;
- Drafting content and updating the NSI website;
- Editing and uploading videos of virtual events and NSI promotional materials;
- Editing audio content of NSI’s “Fault Lines” podcast; and
- Assisting with other projects as needed.
- Holds an undergraduate degree or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program;
- Has a passion for the digital space and a deep understanding of digital trends and technologies;
- Has deep knowledge of social media platforms;
- Has Microsoft Office Suite;
- Has availability to work 20 hours/week and
- Has availability on some evenings and weekends.
- Degree or current undergraduate program in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or a related field;
- Experience with WordPress, Canva, Tweet Deck, Hootsuite, Mailchimp and/or Audacity; and
- Based in the DC Metro area.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, “Application: NSI Digital Services Intern, [Lastname]”