The National Security Institute (NSI) is dedicated to strengthening American national security and U.S. global leadership by educating future leaders and advancing actionable solutions based on practical experience. NSI draws on the expertise of its 250+ group of national security and cyber and tech experts who have held senior positions in the intelligence, defense, technology, and law sectors to put on innovative programming and produce research and actionable policy proposals.
NSI seeks Spring 2024 interns to support NSI’s various policy programming efforts, including events, publications, and Congressional outreach, as well as a wide range of operational and logistical tasks. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Research timely and critical national security and cyber and tech topics in support of NSI programming, events, publications, and podcasts;
- Provide website and social media support;
- Meet and network with NSI’s extensive network of experts;
- Conduct NSI donor and development research;
- Attend and provide NSI event support, including marketing and public outreach, and day of and in-person support;
- Monitor Congressional policy and legislative developments, as well as attend and provide summaries of hearings and other policy events; and
- Provide other logistical and administrative support as needed;
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program;
- Has a passion for national security and/or cyber and tech issues;
- Available to work 10-20 hours per week during regular business hours (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET).
- Experience with WordPress, Canva, Tweet Deck, Hootsuite, and/or Mailchimp
Please fill out the form below to apply: