NSI seeks an energetic, responsible intern for Summer ’23 to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs.
- Take notes and memos during meetings;
- Research and develop policy research on timely and critical topics in support of NSI programming, events, publications, and podcasts;
- Track legislative activity, including Congressional hearings, legislation, and news;
- Provide event support, including mailings, communication, and day of and in person support;
- Manage databases and input information, data, and records, including in support of NSI Fellows Program;
- Monitor and track NSI fellows media engagement; and
- Update and post supervised social media and website content; respond to web correspondence, social media posts, and email.
- Holds an undergraduate degree or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program;
- Has a passion for national security and foreign policy;
- Has knowledge of social media platforms;
- Has Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Has availability to work 10-20 hours.
- Degree or current undergraduate program in international relations, political science, national security or a related field; and
- Experience with WordPress, Canva, Tweet Deck, Hootsuite, Mailchimp and/or Audacity.
Please fill out the form below to apply: