About the Department:
The National Security Institute aims to be the intellectual powerhouse supporting a robust American national security posture—dedicated to incorporating a realistic assessment of the threats facing the United States and finding real-world answers to hard national security questions and providing them to policymakers in way they can easily consume. We also strive to educate future leaders and to shape the debate on critical issues by providing balance to the public discourse and identifying solutions that both enable a robust national defense and safeguard our constitutional liberties.
As a Communications intern at NSI, you will work closely with the NSI staff to:
- Widen the digital reach of NSI events and programs;
- Understand and stay up to date on NSI policies and programs;
- Promote the work of NSI’s group of experts, including its Fellows, Advisory Board, and faculty; and
- Develop and edit new media products, such as promotional and/or educational videos.
- Creating social media content for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
- Researching technology trends to better understand digital topics and staying up to speed on the latest industry terminology;
- Drafting content and updating the NSI website;
- Editing and uploading videos of virtual events and NSI promotional materials;
- Editing audio content of NSI’s “Fault Lines” podcast; and
- Assisting with other projects as needed.
- Holds an undergraduate degree or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program;
- Has a minimum overall GPA of 3.0;
- Has a passion for communications and a deep understanding of digital trends and technologies;
- Has a deep knowledge of and interest in social media platforms;
- Is competent in Microsoft Office Suite applications; and
- Has availability to work 20 hours/week.
- Degree or current undergraduate program in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or a related field; and
- Experience with WordPress, Canva, Tweet Deck, Hootsuite, Mailchimp and/or Audacity.
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter and samples of any graphic designs, website designs, or any other examples of previous work that apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “[Lastname] Communications Intern Application”
This position will be remote until further notice.