The National Security Institute (NSI) is dedicated to strengthening American national security and U.S. global leadership by educating future leaders and advancing actionable solutions based on practical experience. NSI draws on the expertise of its 250+ group of national security and cyber and tech experts who have held senior positions in the intelligence, defense, technology, and law sectors to put on innovative programming and produce research and actionable policy proposals.
NSI seeks Spring 2024 Digital Communications Interns to support NSI’s multi-faceted communications and press efforts. You will play an important role in growing NSI’s social media brand and promoting the work of NSI’s experts, developing and editing new media products, including supporting NSI’s podcast Fault Lines. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Create social media content across multiple platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Support NSI’s flagship “Fault Lines” podcast, including audio and video editing;
- Draft promotional content such as newsletters, NSI event flyers and invites, and update the NSI website;
- Edit and upload videos of virtual events; and
- Research communications trends to better understand digital topics.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program;
- Has a minimum overall GPA of 3.0;
- Has a passion for communications and an interest in digital trends and social media messaging;
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications; and
- Available to work 10-20 hours per week during regular business hours (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET).
- Experience with WordPress, Canva, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Audacity, and/or iMovie.
Please fill out the form below to apply: