The National Security Institute is excited to partner with ICS Village, the R Street Institute, and the Cyber Bytes Foundation to present Hack the Capitol 4.0., which will be held virtually on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, from 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM EST.
Hack the Capitol 4.0 is a day-long, multi-track event designed to educate Congressional staffers, scholars, and press on critical industrial control system cybersecurity challenges facing our nation today.
Hack the Capitol 4.0 delivers programming along three tracks:
1) Policy Panels and Presentations, including keynotes and fireside chats by leading government officials;
2) “Technical Talks” designed to offer a deep dive into leading issues in cybersecurity; and
3) An Exhibition Hall, with demonstrations (including hands-on) of industrial control systems.
Panel Topics Include:
- ICS Security in the Middle East
- ICS Security in Europe
- ICS and the Press
- Supply Chain Security: Preventing the Next Big Hack
- ICS Security and the Cyberspace Solarium Commission
- Defend Forward in ICS
Technical Talks will be announced shortly.
- Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-WI), Co-Chair, Cybersecurity Solarium Commission
- Rep. John Katko (R-NY)
- Rep. Jim Langevin (D-RI)
- Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA)
- Rep. Rob Wittman (R-VA)
- Dr. Reem Al-Shammari, Chief Information Security Officer, Kuwait Oil Company
- Tatyana Bolton, Policy Director for Cybersecurity and Emerging Threats, R Street Institute
- Samuel Linares, Accenture Security Managing Director for Global Industry X.0, Europe IX.0, and Operational Technology Security Lead
- Mark Montgomery, Senior Advisor, Cybersecurity Solarium Commission; Senior Fellow, Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Lily Hay Newman, Senior Writer, Wired
- Nicole Perlroth, Investigative Journalist, The New York Times
- Kim Zetter, “Zero Day” Newsletter Founder, Cybersecurity Journalist, Author