We are seeking a media and press associate to join us at the National Security Institute (NSI). In this role, you will be working closely with NSI staff and leadership to get NSI experts in front of new audiences and you will be supporting the creation of new content for the Institute with the writing of media releases, scheduling media hits, conducting research, and more.
- Support NSI staff and leadership in creation of applicable media documents such as media and press releases, talking points, etc.;
- Manage and develop media contact lists, as well as conduct outreach to new media parties;
- Create engaging content for media platforms and social media accounts;
- Build relationships with clients and potential clients, suppliers, and the media;
- Give input on marketing initiatives and suggesting creative ways to improve the company’s public image;
- Monitor media coverage on timely national security topics and media releases;
- Update media lists; and
- Perform administrative duties.
Public Relations Intern Requirements:
- Enrollment in a BA or MA degree in public relations, communication, or journalism, or have received a degree in the aforementioned field(s);
- Excellent understanding of various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram;
- Efficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Familiar with Google Suite, MailChimp and/or Canva;
- Good research and analytical skills;
- Ability to prioritize your workload and keep to strict content deadlines;
- Ability to contact media producers after hours and on weekends; and
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Lastname Press Associate Application”.