The National Security Institute (NSI) is dedicated to strengthening American national security and U.S. global leadership by educating future leaders and advancing actionable solutions based on practical experience. NSI draws on the expertise of its 250+ group of national security and cyber and tech experts who have held senior positions in the intelligence, defense, technology, and law sectors to put on innovative programming and produce research and actionable policy proposals.
NSI seeks paid Spring 2024 Research Assistants to support NSI by conducting research for upcoming publications and policy papers and by monitoring Congressional and legislative developments. In this position, you will also keep a pulse on what other key stakeholders in the policy field are working on, as well as where policy conversations on critical and timely issues are moving. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Research national security, foreign policy, cyber, and tech policy issues;
- Monitor Congressional legislative activity, including legislation, hearings, and member and Committee announcements and policy developments;
- Support NSI’s programming, events, publications, and podcasts;
- Attend and provide event support, including day of and in-person support; and
- Network with leading national security and cyber and tech experts.
- Currently enrolled as a law or graduate student;
- Minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Interest in defense, national security, and/or cyber and tech issues;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Available to work 10-20 hours per week during regular business hours (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET).
- Research Assistants are compensated $13.00 per hour.
Please fill out the form below to apply: