NSI seeks an energetic and responsible research assistant to support NSI team members on publications and policy papers, Congressional engagement efforts, podcast research and production, and more. In this position, you will be expected to provide timely research on defense, national security, and foreign policy topics, as well as track relevant legislative developments. Research assistants are paid.
- Take notes and memos during meetings;
- Research timely and critical topics in support of NSI staff, faculty, and fellows, programming, events, publications, and podcasts;
- Track legislative activity, including Congressional hearings, legislation, and news; and
- Provide event support, including day of and in person support.
- Currently enrolled as a law or graduate student;
- Minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Familiarity with defense, national security and foreign policy;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Available to work 10-20 hours per week during regular business hours (9:00-5:00).
- Research Assistants are compensated $13.00 per hour.