Rayburn House Office Building | Room 2043
12:15 – 1:30 PM
Come hear from a diverse group of experts and policymakers on the future of U.S. policy in Afghanistan and Syria.
- Opening remarks by Rep. Chrissy Houlahan (PA-06)
Followed by a panel featuring:
- AMBASSADOR RYAN CROCKER: Former US Ambassador to Afghanistan; Dean and Executive Professor at the George Bush School of Government & Public Service at Texas A&M University
- FRANCES Z. BROWN: Fellow, Carnegie’s Democracy, Conflict, and Governance Program; former director for democracy on the White House National Security Council
- JENNIFER CAFARELLA: Research Director, Institute for the Study of War
- HENRY R. NAU: Professor of Political Science and International Affairs, George Washington University
- MATTHEW R. A. HEIMAN (moderator): Former lawyer with the National Security Division at the U.S. Department of Justice; NSI Senior Fellow
Lunch will be provided.
Read the paper here: