Protecting Ukraine: Public-Private Defense of Allies Abroad
Date: Thursday, January 19, 2023
Time: 8:30-9:00am – Breakfast Reception | 9:00-10:00am – Panel Discussion
Location: Rayburn House Office Building Room 2044
CLICK HERE to register
As part of the launch of NSI’s new Cyber and Tech Center, “Protecting Ukraine: Public-Private Defense of Allies Abroad” will focus on the role that the American public and private sectors played in supporting Ukraine’s defense of its systems and infrastructure both in the days leading up to the war nearly a year ago and since then as the war has proceeded.
This event will look not only at the specific efforts undertaken by the public and private sectors to support Ukrainian government agencies but also the broader effort by the American public and private sector to support the Ukrainian war effort. Key themes and questions we will explore at this event include:
- What kind of support did the U.S. government and industry provide to Ukraine in the lead up to the invasion?
- How effective was the support we provided the Ukrainians, both in terms of hardening systems in advance of an attack and helping them be resilient to and able to rebuild rapidly in the aftermath of an attack?
- Between the experiences of government and the private sector, what are key lessons learned from countering cyberattacks and disinformation campaigns against Ukraine for future conflicts?
- How effective were these U.S. public and private sector efforts to deter Russian cyberwarfare, both in terms of cyberattacks as well as information operations?
- What do these efforts and the relative success or challenges we faced tell us about how we can engage in effective capacity building with other nation-state partners going forward?
- Jennifer Bachus, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Cyberspace and Digital Policy, State Department
- Eric Goldstein, Executive Assistant Director for Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Department of Homeland Security
- David Luber, Deputy Director of Cybersecurity, National Security Agency
- Jeanette Manfra, Global Director for Security and Compliance, Google Cloud
Learn more about NSI’s new Cyber and Tech Center here.